Natalie Chapman, Commercial Director of gemaker, is one of nine entrepreneurial Australian women to be selected to attend a business and study tour to Silicon Valley in May 2013. The trip, which is run by the Commonwealth Bank’s Women In Focus initiative, is designed to give female business owners the chance to see the entrepreneurial spirit of Silicon Valley in action.
The tour will provide Natalie with a unique opportunity to start growing gemaker’s connections in the heart of the international tech start-up community, and will critically enhance gemaker’s business offerings as the company begins expanding into global markets. Building international relationships represents the next step in the gemaker business plan, and will not only give gemaker the potential for growth in exciting new directions but will sow the seeds for the company to begin providing clients with a truly international commercialisation experience.
The other winners announced so far for the 2013 tour are:
- Yvette Adams, founder of the Creative Collective
- Louise Curtis, director Lollypotz
- Fiona Anson, founder of HireMeUp
- Pascale Helyar-Moray the founder of StyleRocks
- Denise Meyerson from Management Consultancy International
- Karan White from Pod Legal
- Bronwen O’Brien of Digital Sorbet
- Suzanne Schultz of the Schultz Pharmacy Group.