The University of NSW (UNSW) Knowledge Exchange facilitates partnerships and collaborations with industry, government and communities.
When UNSW Knowledge Exchange suffered a period of short staffing, three of gemaker’s experienced technology transfer professionals provided in-house commercialisation services.
The team managed a portfolio of more than 20 invention disclosures, progressing them through patent applications, industry engagement, grant applications and prototype development.
Over six months, gemaker:
- prevented three researchers from prematurely disclosing their patentable innovation
- assisted with the preparation of six invention disclosures
- prioritised disclosures to focus effort on those most likely to generate income for the university
- conducted market research for UNSW technologies
- identified potential customers and funders for inventions
- developed clear messaging for UNSW technologies
- introduced inventors to key industry contacts, and
- prepared researchers to deliver engaging pitches.