This year gemaker is the media sponsor for the upcoming Knowledge Commercialisation Australasia (KCA) Research Commercialisation Awards. KCA, established in the 1970s, is the peak body for organisations and individuals associated with knowledge commercialisation and exchange between public sector research organisations and business and government entities.
Celebrating Australian Innovators translation of Knowledge & Research into business
Australia punches above its weight in research with journal publications and patent applications. Translating that research success into commercial uptake by industry and creation of Australian jobs, is an intricate, challenging and resource intensive process.
The inaugural Knowledge Commercialisation Australasia (KCA) Research Commercialisation Awards recognise research organisations success in creatively transferring their knowledge into the broader community and transferring their research into products or services with companies to grow new industries in Australia.
This year’s Awards include;
- Best Commercial deal for any form of commercialisation of knowledge which is innovative in its approach, provides value-add to the research institution and has significant long term social and economic impact.
- Best Creative Engagement Strategy to showcase some of the creative strategies research organisations are using to engage with industry partner/s to share and create new knowledge.
Best Commercial deal
- Curtin University – Scanalyse sale
- Griffith Enterprise (Griffith University) – Silicon Carbide Coast
- UniQuest – Janssen deal with dendright technology targeting rheumatoid arthritis
Best Creative Engagement Strategy
- Griffith Enterprise (Griffith University) – SEED
- Swinburne University of Technology – A 3D IMAX Initiative – The ‘Giants Are Coming’ but they need to turn into the ‘Hidden Universe’.
- Adelaide Research & Innovation Pty Ltd – “One Health” Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance
- Curtin University – West Tech Fest/ OzAPPs
The winners will be announced at the 2014 KCA Annual Conference Awards dinner on Thursday 18 September, in Brisbane.