CQU engaged gemaker to provide expert advice and best practice in the implementation of a commercialisation framework to strengthen the commercial impact of the University’s internal research and innovation, as outlined in the 2019-2023 Strategic Plan.
gemaker commercialisation experts worked closely with CQUniversity to develop a tailored framework including:
- Defining the steps from concept through to commercial impact.
- Pinpointing key decision points.
- Outlining information and documentation required to support each stage of the framework.
- Identifying and defining the roles and responsibilities of relevant stakeholders throughout the framework.
- Mapping out operational detail, including forms and documentation to be created.
- Identifying education and training opportunities.
- Identifying short and long-term priorities to leverage the most impact from the University’s innovation pipeline.
The project has progressed to implementation, with gemaker providing additional advice and support for process development and communications.